Friday, December 18, 2009

Felted Mice and Apple Pies

When I saw E's mice I knew I had to make some too.  Yesterday I got round to giving these poor creatures some eyes (they really were three blind mice) and what a difference it made.  I think they are adorable.


I also wanted to make a few more headbands and decided to try some reversible ones this time.  I did them a little differently because I didn't have interfacing and I wanted to just stitch them together and then turn right side out. 



It was also edging well past time to use up the last of all those apples we picked so we decided to have pie.  E peeled, W made the topping and I did the rest.  And...since we had the oven on we figured we might as well make two.  Right?

And now I need to get busy on a little Solstice knitting. Eep, where does the time go?

4 comments:

Marqueta (Mar-kee-ta) G. said...

Dear Heather,

Your wonderful projects make me wish I weren't drowning (or so it seems) in Christmas-card writing! Maybe I'll take a break and make a mouse, too! I love their little whiskers.

What lucky apples you have, to be treated with such care.

Love,

Marqueta

Sarah said...

Those are such cute mice!

renee ~ heirloom seasons said...

I really like your headbands. I doubt I will get any made as Christmas gifts, but maybe after after the holidays.

We picked lots of apples this autumn too, but not as many as you!

Leigh said...

The mice are so cute!!! And your apple pie is making me hungry.