Monday, May 26, 2008

Beauty

Oh how I love my columbines. And, I love gardening quotes too. Thought I would share some of each today.
In my garden there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and the dreams are as beautiful. ~Abram L. UrbanI never had any other desire so strong, and so like to covetousness, as that one which I have had always, that I might be master at last of a small house and a large Garden. ~Abraham Cowley, The Garden, 1666It is utterly forbidden to be half-hearted about gardening. You have got to love your garden whether you like it or not. ~W.C. Sellar & R.J. Yeatman, Garden Rubbish, 1936 (hee, hee) It takes a while to grasp that not all failures are self-imposed, the result of ignorance, carelessness or inexperience. It takes a while to grasp that a garden isn't a testing ground for character and to stop asking, what did I do wrong? Maybe nothing. ~Eleanor Perényi, Green Thoughts, 1981 (this one, I think, is a good lesson for all of life, not just the garden)Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors.~Mary Cantwell
Isn't that one above such a beautiful colour? It is the softest shade of dusky mauve. And can you see the little critter in this one below? So many wonders in the garden.

No comments: